Turnover’s KickStarter campaign relaunch will go live on Wed, 7/30/2014.
The campaign will have some new reward tiers, so be sure to visit when it is up and running. A huge thanks goes out to the backers of the previous campaign for all the feedback that has been given on the new campaign page.
The funding goal of Turnover’s campaign remains unchanged from the last campaign.
Been a while since I’ve done a devblog post, I apologize for that. After the last KickStarter campaign, I took a short break to regroup. After that, I put together the new campaign, as well as took some time to actually work on Turnover. So, devblog posts were put on the back burner.
So, what’s been going on the last few weeks?
I finished the layouts for three new levels. These levels are the lead up levels to the second half of the game. They’re a little different than the office setting of the first part of the game, so that was nice. Some new enemies will be introduced in these levels.
The second half of the game takes place in another HQ building setting, but it’s closely tied to the story and I want to avoid revealing too much. This section of the game will see a difficulty spike, which should make the first half of the game feel more like practice for the second half.
There will be a handful of new bad guys for the second half of Turnover.
I have one new enemy completed at the moment, the Rocket Turret, and another one in progress. A couple more should so the trick. Enemy ideas go through a fairly heavy vetting process, so it can be a little tough.
The Sentinels will remain the staple enemy, but will be given some upgraded weaponry. This should make them a little tougher to avoid.
I’ve also busted a ton of bugs over the last couple of weeks. Read on for a list of nerdy stuff.
- Rewrote the bullet collision and logic code, so now collision on faster bullets should be more accurate. Now, a ray is cast between the current and previous frame position of a bullet. Then, the ray is checked for possible missed collision possibilities.
- Fixed some enemy weapon firing issues, like problems with bullet spread.
- Fixed a number of animation issues, primary gun firing animations not synching up with the actual firing of bullets.
- Fixed Turnover having occasional stuttering.
- Fixed shadows lagging behind their owner sprites.